Welcome to Longwick Pre-school
Our community pre-school is situated in the village hall in Longwick adjacent to the village green with access to a large car park, full access for wheelchair users and our own purpose built early years garden.
Longwick Pre-school strives to provide a happy and safe environment that enables children to be independent in their own learning and where everyone is included, respected and valued.
We aim to:-
· Maintain a safe, caring, happy community where every child matters, individual needs are met and each child feels safe, loved and nurtured.
· Encourage children to feel good about themselves and show kindness to others and respect their surroundings.
· Provide a stimulating and secure environment where children can follow their own interests, become independent learners with adults sensitively supporting their learning.
· Foster a spirit of curiosity and enquiring minds.
· Work in partnership with families, valuing their knowledge and respecting their opinions.
· Actively promote the universal values of democracy, the rules of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths or beliefs. We believe, for very young children this means learning right from wrong, learning to take turns and share and challenging negative views and stereotypes.
What we offer:
We can offer your child a combination of mornings, afternoons and/or full days (age dependent).
We also offer a lunch club on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for those that do the morning session between 9-12pm and would like to stay on for lunch until 1pm.
We provide parents and guardians with regular ‘In the Moment’ updates that show the activities and learning outcomes that we have explored during the week.
We also issue Newsletters to parents and carers on a half-termly basis.
A nurturing environment
We have created a safe, happy, caring and nurturing environment that supports the development of every child we look after. We also work closely with parents to ensure that the needs of individuals are met.
We aim to encourage kindness, foster curiosity, build confidence and instil respect.
Parents & Carers FB Group
We run a closed Facebook Group as another way of keeping parents up to date with news from the pre-school.
Just locate the pre-school on Facebook using the link:- www.facebook.com/longwickpreschool. Once found, select the ‘Join Group’ button and then we can then grant access.